Arnold Schwarzenegger has announced this Friday that he will not be returning
on the show ‘The New Celebrity Apprentice’.
The former governor of California told in a new statement for the media that he
enjoyed and ‘loved’ every second of hosting the show, but unfortunately he will
not be returning to host the series because of its ‘baggage’.
“I loved every second of working with NBC and Mark Burnett,” Schwarzenegger
told in his statement. “Everyone – from the celebrities to the crew to the
marketing department – was a straight 10, and I would absolutely work with all
of them again on a show that doesn’t have this baggage.”
Arnold became the host of the show back in 2015, after the previous host
Donald Trump left to campaign for President. However, Trump never really left
the show, as he became an executive producer shortly after.
Since then Schwarzenegger has done a great work, but Trump wasn’t very
satisfied with the results and ratings.
At the National Prayer Breakfast last month, Donald mocked the series and
blamed its declining ratings to Schwarzenegger not doing his job properly. He
also asked to crowd to “Pray for Arnold” and even took to Twitter to say the
Back in November of last year Schwarzenegger has some nice things to say
about the new elected President, but after Trump’s words their relationship
changed a lot and that might be the reason of him really leaving Celebrity
Arnold of course replied to Trump’s statements, saying that they should switch
“You take over TV because you’re such an expert on ratings and I take over your
job and then people can finally sleep comfortably again,” the ex governor of
California wrote on Twitter last month.
Back in October Schwarzenegger revealed that if her was born in America, he
would have run for President, because it was a very good time to get in the race
at the time.