On Thursday, June 2nd, the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Minnesota released further details regarding legendary musician Prince’s untimely death. In the documents, it was stated that the 57-year-old died due to an overdose of Fentanyl – which is a painkiller that is usually prescribed to cancer patients. Currently law enforcement is investigating, as it is unclear how Prince got ahold of the fatal dose of the highly regulated drug. It is truly unfortunate to see yet another talented performer pass-away because of substance addiction.
Hopefully the significant impact that Prince’s death has had on the world will inspire others to seek out help when struggling with similar issues.