Vin Diesel has once again addressed his rumored feud with Dwayne “The Rock”
Johnson during a recent interview with USA Today.
Diesel told that the world doesn’t really realize how close they really are, “in a
“I think some things may be blown out of proportion. I don’t think that was his
intention. I know he appreciates how much I work this franchise. In my house,
he’s Uncle Dwayne,” the 49 year old actor told of his Fast and the Furious costar.
However, Diesel did not deny that there were some differences between them,
even though it’s nowhere near like the media portrays it. More precisely, the two
actors had some different point of views regarding the eighth film of Fast and
Vin Diesel told that he’s very protective of the franchise. “I protect everybody
including Dwayne,” he told USA today. “I protected Dwayne more than he’ll ever
know. And it doesn’t matter. He doesn’t have to know. But he appreciates it. He
knows it,” he continued.
Diesel added that Dwayne has only one Vin in his life, only one big brother in the
film world, and that’s him, so there is nothing true about their alleged feud.
Rumors started back in August of 2016, when Dwayne Johnson shared a cryptic
message on Instagram, calling several of his unprofessional male costars “candy
asses”. TMZ later confirmed from its sources that the post was decided to Vin
Diesel, because the stars had been involved in a feud. Later Diesel posted on
his own Instagram saying “Give me a second, and I will tell you everything.
Everything.” And that’s how the rumors spread.
Luckily, these rumors weren’t true after all and we are glad Diesel put an end to
Meanwhile, you can start counting the days, because the next Fast and the
Furious movie called The Fate of the Furious will hit theatres on Friday, April 14.